Tuesday, February 12, 2013

February 12th, 2013 – Forest in the City


Today was neighborhood day! We met at our classroom and then split up into three different groups to explore different neighborhoods. My group went to the Delhi Ridge, and none of us really knew what that meant before we went. When we got there, we crossed a broken fence into a forest that had a perfectly paved road. We saw tons of ancient ruins, tombstones, and parks along the way. Apparently, the ridge was supposed to be a border for the city of Delhi, but the city has expanded well beyond it. It is really pretty and a nice change of pace from the noise and congestion of the city (even though the ridge is in the city).

After our walk, we went to a South Indian restaurant for lunch, which would have been yummy if I could taste anything, but I have a bad cold so that wasn’t a possibility. Then we decided to take the metro all the way to another state called Haryana, which is where Jill and I had gone to a wedding on the first night. Our host family has a lot of family in Gourdon, which is in Haryana. We got off the metro and got yelled at for sitting on the platform. I don’t really understand that rule – nor do I understand the rule of not taking any pictures in the metro. We planned out our presentation for the next day and then headed home. Jill and I started our mapping project while it was still light out, and then we came back to do more work. I’m glad today wasn’t so intense because I don’t really feel well. Hopefully I’ll go to bed early tonight and feel better tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment