Tuesday, February 26, 2013

February 22nd, 2013 – Hygienic Snacks


We had a Urban Planning and Sustainable Environments lecture in the morning, and then we had another lecture about google earth and how it relates to urban planning. Then we had lunch at the school, followed by another lecture on the caste system. I’m still super confused by the caste system, but at least it cleared a few things up…and taught me that it is the most confusing system ever. After that, a few of us decided to walk back to the hostel. We passed a really cool market on the way. We all met up for dinner after at a place known for its “snacks.” Our coordinator described it as “a restaurant that serves hygienic snacks”. The food was delicious. I tried sugar cane juice…yum. Probably the first juice I have ever liked in my life.

After, a bunch of people came back to the hotel and had some whisky (which is interesting, considering this is a dry state). But they got tourists licenses and a stamp in their passport that allows them to buy alcohol here…kind of a cool story. I didn’t have any because my tummy has been mad at me recently. But we still had fun all hanging out with each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment