Sunday, April 14, 2013

April 13th/ 14th ish, 2013 – Es Tiempo Para Argentina!!! Arriba!!


Today was our last day in Dakar. We headed back from Saly at 9 in the morning, and arrived around 11. I unpacked and repacked my stuff, and then walked to Mermoz to see my host mom one more time. She made me yaza for lunch, which is rice, chicken, and vegetables. Tre bon. After lunch I said goodbye, and walked over to Lucy’s house to say more goodbyes to her host family. Then we walked back to our school together. At around 4 the “here we come Buenos Aires” team gave a presentation. At 6 we boarded the bus to head to the airport. Then off to Madrid!

We arrived in Madrid around 5am their time. I’m not even going to bother to try to figure out time differences and what not. Too difficult on too little sleep. The airport was completely empty. But there’s a starbucks!! We have a 6 hour lay over and cannot leave the airport, so everyone just slept on the floor. Cozy, I know.  I have some great pictures of our group spralled out along the terminal, and everyone looking at us and pointing. That’s what happens when there is a 6 hour lay over and we can’t leave the airport.

After the layover, we boarded the flight to Argentina! No TVs on this 13 hour flight. And my seat, 39L was in the last row in the corner of the plane. I sat next to a girl from Argentina, so I practiced my Spanish which was fun. But 13 hours of being overtired, crammed in a corner, with only a book to read (which I finished…2 books and counting) and my itouch, that was the flight. So after over 24 hours of traveling, we got to Argentina at about 10pm their time, which I believe is an hour ahead of the east coast, but I’m not positive.

We met our country coordinator at the airport and we took a bus to our hotel for the night. Two smaller than twin sized cots for three people. Should be interesting. I’m just glad to have somewhere to sleep!! We meet our families tomorrow. Let’s go round three!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment