Wednesday, April 17, 2013

April 17th, 2013 – Fails


Woke up at 6 today with every intention to go for a run. My home stay house is completely inside with no windows to the outside, so I can never see how dark or bright it is. So I woke up and it was pitch black out, so I decided to be safe and stay in. I went back to sleep for a few minutes before showering and getting ready for school.

We had orientation type programing all day at school. Lots of sitting and listening. But our country coordinator rocks and gave us tons of ideas of things to do…there is SO much to do all the time. For lunch we went to a bbq place and I had delicious chicken and papas. After school a few of us went shopping, but I didn’t find anything I wanted to buy. Things are so expensive. Aka they are less expensive than the US but way more expensive than India and Senegal.

After shopping, B and I came home, had some fruit for a snack, and did some homework. Then we ate dinner with our mamma and we talked about the protest tomorrow, and more things in the news. Such a great convo.

We thought we were going to go out tonight, but that plan fell through. They wanted to go to a secret bar through a telephone booth that no one knew how to get to and required a password. Fail. So we will go out tomorrow and this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment