Monday, April 15, 2013

April 15th, 2013 – Ay Que Lindo


First full day in Argentina! Woke up earlier than I wanted to because I’m still not used to the time change. We had breakfast at the hotel and then all met in the lobby before walking to our classroom. Our classroom is in a school for architecture, and the building is very interesting and modern looking. Our country coordinator, who seems awesome, gave us a lecture about safety, transportation, and other intro-y stuff about the city. Then we had the whole afternoon off to explore on our own. We walked around, got lunch, ate in a park, and walked around again. This city is insanely beautiful. It looks like a European city (from what my friends tell me…the only European thing I have ever seen is the Madrid airport).

At 6pm we all met back at the hotel with our stuff so that we could meet our host families. I am rooming with BriAnne (who will be called B in the rest of my blogs), which is super exciting. She is fluent in Spanish and spent last semester in Spain, so hopefully my Spanish will improve by the end of the month. Our host mom, Marta, is adorable. She is an older woman who doesn’t speak any English, and lives alone but has family in the area. We talked the whole cab ride home. For dinner, her son came over and we got into some deep conversations about how our trip is going, how our families were in other places, etc. All in Spainsh. It was amazing. So excited for this country!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment