Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April 1st, 2013 – Uh Oh


So apparently there is a warning out about a potential danger in Dakar. Of course, we don’t know all of the details, which is pretty typical of this program. So we are going to relocate to Ghana, another country on the western coast of Africa. Of course this would happen to me. I just move homestays and then have to move again. UGHHH. But I’m so excited for another passport stamp.

APRIL FOOLS! Just another normal day. Two lectures in the morning and then a site visit in the afternoon. The site visit was to a place where people collect electronics and other reusables from the dump and resell them. After, we all went to this ice cream store called “Nice Cream,” which was up there in the top ice creams I have ever had. I had Kinder flavored ice cream. If you’ve never had a kinder bar, you should definitely get on that. After, a few of us decided to walk around a market and attempt to buy things. But then men started following us and I was too tired to deal with it, so I came home, did some homework, etc. At night I went to Lucys to hang out with everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment