Saturday, March 2, 2013

February 28th, 2013 – There are some things you just can’t blog about


Today was our last day in Ahmedabad. We met up in the morning at school and had a “check in” with everyone. We all shared stories about our Ahmedabad experience, and we all seemed to have a really great time. I talked about riding in a rickshaw alone with no phone and no watch, which is something I never would have dreamed that I would have been able to do…or decided to do. After that, we went to a restaurant for lunch. It was a buffet and was super delicious, except it made everyone sick after. Cool. Right before a 16 hour train.

Then comes the 16 hour train story. This train was different than the one we took to Ahmedabad. This one was a three-tiered train, so three beds on top of each other instead of two. Aka no personal space. Luckily, my train car had all IHP kids on it, so that was fun. We talked for a while before everyone went to bed. And then for the fun part. We noticed a lot of men with guns all around the train, and my one-month-ago self would have been freaking out about it. But my new-desensitized self only got slightly concerned. Why were they on the train, you may ask. Well…I’m pretty sure I can’t post about it for the public to see. So when you see me, just ask me why they were there and I will explain the whole story.

No comments:

Post a Comment