Saturday, March 2, 2013

March 2nd, 2013 – My First World Wonder☺


Not sure if anyone is aware, but I am not the friendliest in the morning. Especially on 3 hours of sleep. But worth it for the Taj Mahal! We woke up at 5am and met in the lobby of the hostel. We had a bus to take us for the 200km journey to the Taj. In theory, 200km is about 100 miles, so not that far away. In India, traffic is absolutely ridiculous. So it took us 8 hours to get there this morning. Did I mention that it was ridiculous?

Also, the ride in the bus was anything by relaxing. We had to take a detour through a rural village for about 3 hours. The most bumps I have ever experienced in my life. Like imagine driving a toy car over a cheese grater, but the huge holes rather than the small ones. Sometimes the toy car would fall into the holes and get stuck. And it would make a lot of noise. It was that, except we were the toy car and the ground was the grater. There’s one roller coaster I never want to go on again.

But then we got to the Taj! YAYYY! It was amazingly beautiful. I took a lot of pictures, don’t worry. After we explored the Taj we ate lunch in the area and then headed home. Again, a 7 ish hour journey. Same roller coaster on the way back. But worth it. I saw my first world wonder!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment