Tuesday, March 19, 2013

March 18th, 2013 – Big Booty


Woke up this morning to my host family telling me how big my booty was in wolof. Trust me, even though I don’t speak Wolof, I totally understood what they were saying. And it was a total compliment. Great way to wake up. You can take that as sarcasm, or not. I’m still not sure how I feel about it.

After breakfast we walked to school and had a wolof lesson. Then we had a lecture on what a case study is and how we need to start ours this week, followed by a guest lecture on rural traditions in an urban context. After the lecture we had lunch, followed by another lecture: politics and development class. Then we went on a site visit to a “village” in Dakar. I put it in quotes because it was still in the city, so it isn’t quite a rural village like you may be picturing. We went into people’s homes, because everyone does that here, and they had tv’s and electricity and everything. One woman was casually breast feeding her baby right out in the open and invited us in for a while. Good thing I have seen so many topless women but no one washes anyone else’s underwear.

After the visit I talked with our fellow for a while about life and then came back home, ate dinner, showered, and did some work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment