Monday, March 11, 2013

March, Not Quite Sure What Day it is, 2013 – Oh Hey Senegal


Last morning in Delhi. Packed all morning. Then went out to lunch and had arguably the best meal that I have had in India so far. Amazing dal, naan, paneer, etc. It was a really fancy place, and everything was delicious. I got some coffee after that to wake up before the long flight ahead of us. At around 5 we all met up in the hostel with our suitcases and headed to the airport. Of course, my bag caused all sorts of problems. It was too heavy with everything stuffed into one bag. Of course I could easily fit everything into one bag, but because it was too much, they wouldn’t let me on the plane with it. So I had to take all of the heavy things and put them into my duffle and check two bags. Still the same amount of weight, now just taking up more area. Go figure.

Flight was only about 3 hours long to Dubai. When we got there we had to go through lots of security checks and customs took forever. When we finally got through, we had about 4 hours until we had to be back at the airport for the next flight to Dakar. We went to a hotel right near the airport, and since I stepped outside of the airport, I guess I have technically been to Dubai. Yeehaw. Passport stamp and everything. The hotel was insanely beautiful. We had 3 hours of sleep before we got up for breakfast and then headed back to the airport.

The flight to Dakar was about 11 hours. It felt like much longer. Tried to sleep, but that was a semi fail. When we arrived in Dakar we could smell the beach. So refreshing. We waited in line at customs, then took a bus to our hotel for the night. Our hotel is very nice and has wifi…kind of. But we head to homestays tomorrow night and I am pretty confident that we won’t have wifi there. So my blogs will definitely be posted in bulk. Don’t miss them too muchJ

So I have no real concept of what time it is. I just ate dinner at about 8:30pm Senegal time. I had chicken and French fries and onions. Delicious. Not sure how authentic it is, but will soon find out! Off to bed to get rid of this jet lag!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment