Tuesday, March 19, 2013

March 15th, 2013 – My Shop


Today was an incredibly long day. We had our neighborhood day presentations from yesterday, which took the entire morning. Then we ventured off on our own for lunch. A few of us went to “my shop” which is a huge chain here. It kind of resembles a gas station convenience store. It has a chicken restaurant and a pizza restaurant connected. Food was ok. I’m learning to eat tomatoes…be proud mom.

Then we had a class on negotiations, so we did a simulation to practice. Then we had learning community and talked more about our feelings. After that, I came back home for a bit and then went to Lucy’s home stay family’s house. There was a boy there who is from Oakland, CA but now lives in Senegal, so he translated lots of conversations for us. He also planned out our entire night. We came back to my house and he told my host mom the plan in French. I got ready to go out and went back to Lucy’s house around 8:30. I ate dinner there around 10pm, all from a communal dish with our right hands of course. Except we had forks. But still with the right hand.

Then we sat around until about 11:30pm and went back to my shop. They sell alcohol there, and that’s where all the cool kids go before going out. Clubs don’t open until 12 here. We got there at 12:30 and were the first people there. The club wasn’t crowded until around 2am, and by 2:30 it was packed. The clubs stay open until 8am. We only stayed til 4. Insanity. The music was great and it was a ton of fun…but I don’t know when people sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment