Thursday, March 7, 2013

March 6th, 2013 – The Other Side of the Story


Today was factory day. And I planned it all by myself. My host cousin owns his own factory that makes parts for motorcycles, and he was open to the idea of a few of us coming to see how it works. His driver picked five of us up and took us over. We first sat with him in the conference room and asked lots of questions about how it got started, what workers’ salaries are, etc. Then we got a tour of the factory. And then we got to interview a few of the workers, which was very cool. It was so nice to get a business perspective on this trip, and I am so glad that I was able to go.

After that, we went back to my host cousin’s amazingly beautiful house and ate some food that were served to us by his servants. It’s a strange concept, and I don’t truly understand the relationship. I’ll have to explain it in person when I get back home. He has so many servants, some as young as 13.

Then we dropped everyone back at the hostel and picked up some other people. We all went back to his house, sat on the roof, drank some wine, and again, talked about cultural differences. I hope I can find someone in every country like this who is open to all of my ridiculous questions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment