Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wednesday, March 27th, 2013 – Bread Run


Went to school today after eating breakfast as usual. Bought a new phone card and some post cards along the way. At school we had a further debrief about the village visit, then a lecture on decentralization in Dakar, and then a faculty politics and development lecture. After lunch we had site visits, and a group of us went to see people who worked for one of the local mayors. Not the mayor of Dakar. There are 19 local “mayors” of different parts of Dakar, and we met with a man who works with one of them.

After that, I picked up a shirt that I ordered a while ago at the tailor, and then went for a run with Ana. We ran along the beach and it was beautiful. Except for the fact that I’m completely out of shape and filled to my brim with bread. That wasn’t so beautiful. But the run felt great. Then I showered, ate dinner, came to Lucy’s. 

No comments:

Post a Comment