Monday, March 11, 2013

March 8th, 2013 – One Last Rooftop Adventure


Our last full day in IndiaL It doesn’t seem real. Had class in the morning and synthesized, reflected, and talked all day long. From 10am til 5pm. Such a long day. We talked about what we want to bring to Senegal, what we learned, etc. Everyone was so tired though so they day was really draggy. I had nanza for lunch though, which is pizza on naan. So yummy.

After our day finally ended, a few of us came back to the hostel to change before going out to our farewell dinner. It was at a beautiful restaurant that in like a sun-room type thing so it was kind of like being outside. The food was absolutely delicious. I ate way too much. I am going to miss Indian food like no other.

Then about 5 of us went to a friend’s rooftop to hang out for our last night. It’s such a weird feeling. I am finally comfortable here, and now I have to adjust to an entirely new country, which I know nothing about. Except that the population of Senegal is roughly 12 million people, which is smaller than the population of the city of Delhi. Insanity.

We have a lay over in Dubai tomorrow, and we will be staying in a hotel for a few hours. We aren’t allowed to leave the hotel though. Sorry Jason, I will try to get a picture of the building for you! Not sure when exactly we arrive in Senegal, but I will try my best to contact home as soon as possible. I will be 5 hours ahead, which should be an easier time difference to make skype datesJ I don’t know how accessible wifi will be there though. I think that roughly half of the homestays have wifi, so there is very likely that I will not have any. All part of the experience…

Off to another amazing city to be thrown into yet another huge culture shock. Here we go.



No comments:

Post a Comment