Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Tuesday, March 26th, 2013 – Jerejef ci seen teranga


Back to a normal schedule today. Went to class in the morning. Had our last Wolof lesson and a debrief about the village trip. Then we had a lecture about urban planning in Dakar, and then a faculty urban planning and sustainable environments lecture. Then we had lunch. I ate a sandwich that was made under a tarp on the side of the road…so yummy. Then we had site visits. A group of us went to see government officials that work for the ministry of transportation. They were very interesting to talk to. They talked about all the changes that they want to make to transportation in Dakar to make it a more “town” like city.

Then I came home, did some work, danced with my little host sister, and ate dinner. After I went to Lucy’s and taught some of her host brother’s friends about Passover. Apparently, I’m the first Jewish person they have ever met. So for the second seder I did some teaching. I ate bread at every meal, because if I didn’t I would have nothing to eat, but I did teach other people about Passover…so I guess that’s a good thing…?  

No comments:

Post a Comment