Tuesday, March 19, 2013

March 19th, 2013 – Project Runway


Went to class this morning at our normal time for a Wolof lesson and then a lecture. We had the afternoon off. A few of us decided to get dresses custom made, which is something that a lot of people do here. Lucy’s host siblings took us to a local tailor who took our measurements. Then we took a bus to a fabric market and bought some fabric, which we then brought back to the tailor. The market was insane…but I was mentally prepared from going to India. I am just getting a shirt made, but it should be super exciting!

After, I went back to my home stay to pack for the village tomorrow. I ate dinner, hung out with the fam, and then went to Lucy’s house to send some emails, etc because she has internet. Off to a village tomorrow until Saturday night, so I will have to hand write my blogs and then do one long post when I get back. Should be interesting….

Lots of Wolof to learn and perfect before tomorrow! Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment